The safety philosophy of Wendling Quarries Inc. is founded in the principles that accidents are preventable and that safety is the responsibility of every employee at all times. Our program has the safety and health of our employees at its core. It is further believed that an effective safety and health program must receive a balanced and consistent commitment from all levels of management. Safety will not be second or third to quality or production. Viewing employees as our most important asset, management will provide a workplace constructed and maintained to high standards. Our workplace will be operated in compliance with governmental regulations. Employees will be oriented, trained, and counseled on how to perform their jobs safely, efficiently and effectively. Through a consistent application of these concepts, an atmosphere conducive to good safety attitudes of individual employees is established. In the final analysis, safety is an individual effort toward the group goal of an injury-free workplace.
All injuries can be prevented.
Working safely is a condition of employment for all employees.
Everyone is responsible for preventing injuries to themselves and others.
Training employees to work safely is essential.
We show this commitment by:
- Employing two full-time safety personnel to oversee that safety measures are being met
- Educating employees through a mandated safety training workshop each year
- Provide the necessary safety equipment
- Rewarding employees through our safety incentive program
- Performing preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Stressing that our employees be responsible for their own safety and those around them
Safety question should be directed to: